Friday, August 21, 2009

High VM usage and unknown programmes - can anyone advise?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/c...



Hey so this (^) is a screen shot of the processes going on in my PC, and i'm noticing some really high VM usage from a few of the programmes, plus a few things going on that... well... that I have no idea what's going on. The avast! thingy (ashServe.exe) is high, but I can't find any refference to what it should be or how to fix it. Firefox is also madly high, but although I frequently leave up to 20 windows open for... well... okay... for days... I have only just restarted my PC, just opened FF etc. I'm wondering if maybe there's a mem leak or something?



How can I fix my off-the-wall VM usage and what are all these little programmes running in my system?



High VM usage and unknown programmes - can anyone advise?liveupdate



It may be time to reformat.



Then close a few windows and turn off the puter once in a while.



High VM usage and unknown programmes - can anyone advise?nortin



Get this it gives more info.
I don't see something that needs fixing.



Antivirus programs is known that they use some memory and as far as I can see, your's is within a logical amount.



Maybe you should explain to us why you're asking this. If your system runs smoothly, there is nothing to worry about. If it doesn't, then you should consider putting more memory (you don't say how much your system has currently).



I don't see any memory leak and what you see on the list is not something that should worry you if you don't experience any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment