Friday, August 21, 2009

I am about to go to sleep, and i have disk defragmenter on...?

I don't want to keep my computer on, because it'll consume much energy... what can I do to make sure my computer only uses very short energy througout the night. The defragmenter is taking a long time. Off topic but: my computer has 159 gb left and my ram is 960 mb. ive disk cleaned it and did my virus thingy avast home edition, and did ad aware. MY virus thingy freezes over time. And my computer has all of a sudden gotten MUCH SLOWER!!!! then b4 and i only bought it like 5 or 6 months ago. I have a dsl broadband router. PLEASE HELP... ALSO... SUGGESTIONS



I am about to go to sleep, and i have disk defragmenter on...?ariel



Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to lower the power consumption during a deframent. It will need all the resources. Turn off your monitor and speakers. I would just leave it on.



I highly recommend you try AVG anti virus, there is a free edition, and its one of the best anti viruses I've seen. You may have a piece of software hogging resorces. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL and go to the processes tab and look and see if there is a process thats taking up a lot of CPU or Mem Usage. You might be able to track down the program.



Try closing unnecessary programs too. If you have a lot opening at once it will slow things down.



I am about to go to sleep, and i have disk defragmenter on...?computers

No comments:

Post a Comment