Friday, August 21, 2009

I think my computer has a virus...a bad one?

it wont let me connect to the internet,go to my computer,my documents,or anything of the sort.(im at the library computer).when i try its just a blank page.exept control panel it says something like



%somthing%



x



%something path%



and two links to websites which are blank,of course



the screensaver and wallpaper are gone,(its just blue wallpaper and no screensaver),and the links on the bottom next to start are gone.exept volume.including my avast! virus taker outer thingie!



it wont let me go to start,and the tools,favorites,etc on the blank internet page are limited,exept for help,theres none there



i have no idea what this is can u help me please?!



its a laptop windows ME what should i do??????



I think my computer has a virus...a bad one?internet security software



1st Try, Go to Safe mode and Restore



when computer reboots, keep Pressing "F8", select safe mode. Click on Start Menu-%26gt;Asscessories-%26gt;System Tools-%26gt;



System Restore.



Then choose the date to Go back to whenever you think your computer was not inflected by computer virus.



2nd try, Install to replace corrupt system files.



Try to use your Windows ME CD to do a install. But do not clean your existing Windows or Install another Windows. The installer will keep your current windows and all its data and settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment