Friday, August 21, 2009

My download speed dropped and i need help?

my original download speed was 600kb/s. now its a rough 65kb/s. i have Comcast. i used mcafee but i figured that was the issue and uninstalled it. that didnt fix my problem. im using avast right now and is till have slow speed. streaming videos from youtube has also gotten slower for me too



i called comcast up and thy said my modem is fine. im not on a router either. they said they can send a technician over but if its my problem (computer) i'll be charged. can anyone give me tips to see if this can be my computer's fault?



and RAM shouldnt be involved in this as my friend has the same RAM as me (512) and his speed is still good. every program: limewire, utorrent, and direct downloads, are all slow now... this really pisses me off.... i've delt with this for over 3 months and now i cant deal with it so can anyone please help?



My download speed dropped and i need help?computers



it's pretty well documented that comcast has recently been throttling p2p traffic as soon as it's detected. mostly with bittorent file transfers and seeding but the others are effected too.



the two main ways to get around this is FORCED encryption and randomized ports. easy to set on utorrent. i don't know about limewire and napster like protocols.



My download speed dropped and i need help?hijack this



Do you have a enough bandwidth? Best Buy has bandwidth on sale for $9.99 a square foot.
well, sometimes when you go over your download limit, your broadband company will sometimes choke your download speed or charge you extra per mb you go over.



that's your problem, wait until the next month and you'll have your broadband back to full speed!
depends on the seeders?



sometimes u have to increase the upload speed either so that your download speed will increase. u should be grateful that it runs 600kb/s. In my country, the max it runs is 50kb/s. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment