Friday, August 21, 2009

What's the best virus protection?

I have avast now and it stinks please help.



What's the best virus protection?ducati



Symantec AntiVirus is best. If anything does somehow get by, it send you a report. You can have it quarantined so it can't duplicate itself anymre, or just deleted. Or deleted after you put it in quaranine.



Doesn't take a lot of memory either. Norton takes a ton and is like a big virus itself. It makes the computer a lot slower and takes a long time for PC to start up while Norton is running. Takes A LOT of space.



What's the best virus protection?hp



Norton Anit-Virus 2007
In the computer lab in my school some computers running Panda AV, Norton 2007 AV and AVG free edition got infected by a worm spreads via flash memory, the existing AVs didn't detect it. Booting from a rescue disk failed too because all the systems formatted with the NTFS file system. I have McAfee ISS on my home pc and it detected the virus on one of my students' flash memory "w32 Generic Downloader ". Just installing kaspersky from a cd on the infected systems has neutralized the virus even it infected some windows programs like spoolsv.exe, msconfig.exe and others.



From my experience I recommend McAfee and Kaspersky and I read articles on the internet claiming that they have the highest detection rates. Nevertheless, I'd like to hear about other good AV programs around from the users perspective.
Search "AVG Free" in Google, and click the first website that comes up. Download it...it is free and it works great! Also, if you want a super fast computer, download some spyware remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment