Friday, August 21, 2009

I have another unremovable virus?

i had posted a query for anti-virus software a couple of days ago when i got a really bad one, it had come from downloading what was supposed to be an activeX for watching a video, my question was answered by some very helpful people who told me that 'superantispyware'(SAS) and/or 'smitfraudfix' was the solution, the combination worked, and all the infected files have been removed save one, but now there is another problem, whenever i search anything in my IE or Firefox google toolbars in the top right, half of the time it return search results for 'sex' i scanned my computer thoroughly using uptodate avast and SAS, and it is clean, i deleted firefox, cleared all temp files, downloaded and installed a newer version from a new setup file, but still the problem persists can you please help me, if the people who helped me earlier have more suggestions, i would appreciate it



I have another unremovable virus?download



I use AVG, Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy. It is always good to have a mixture of programs because while none are perfect, you can keep your system clean with a few. The ones I use are all free.



http://www.download.com/3640-2239_4-1078...



http://www.download.com/3000-8022_4-1076...



http://www.spybot.com/en/index.html



If you don鈥檛 want to download, try running some of these online scans. Online scans allow you the privilege of cleaning your system when a virus will not let you run you protection. Find them here:

No comments:

Post a Comment