Friday, August 21, 2009

Virus Win 32 or something else?

I have reserrected an old computer (4 years ols) by having more memory and XP put on.



The PC previously had AVG on (via dial up) and when connected to Bband I thought it would automatically update. However the version is out of date and not supported. I cannot remove it for some reason although I have done this via control panel (add/remove progs) nor can I download a fresh version as it keeps taking me back to the old registration page with the old number. Anyway it just will not up date. So I put avast on and ran it. This told me I have Win32. I ran PC doctor and this told me something else. What can I believe. How can I clean the machine and be sure it is clean.



Access to internet is limited on this machine but I do have access via another machine. Is there something I can do whilst off line? Can I load something onto a disc maybe, from the one machine and run it on the infected one?



If I buy, say, norton, will that detect and clean and protect in future.



Jan



Virus Win 32 or something else?cafe racer



I would do a free online scan at the link below.



This link (program) is reliable.



AVG is not a very good AV program therefore when it was running it would of missed a lot of viruses.



As for removing the old AVG try downloading %26 using a program like Hijackthis.



If your looking for a good AV program for the future, the best free one at the moment is the AOL one which is Kaspersky %26 if you wish to pay for the best then Nod32 is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment