Friday, August 21, 2009

Should I keep 3 antivirus in my computer or just one?

I have 3 antivirus in my computer. Norton, Avast and Avg. Do they conflict with each other? Can they even cause problem for my system? If so which one do you guys think I should I keep?



Should I keep 3 antivirus in my computer or just one?bmw



Yikes, I'd stick with one. If you've got norton, ditch the others, they are not nearly as good anyway. They can definitely conflict.



Better yet, let norton expire and get kaspersky. Norton is famous for being a big system hog.



Keep one regcleaner, and make it ccleaner. It's free, the safest, most conservative one.



You don't need to go nuts cleaning that up anyway, it's just full of tiny files that are causing no harm 99.9% of the time.



Should I keep 3 antivirus in my computer or just one?free adware remover



They conflict with each other, so I don't suggest having 3 antiviruses
1 only
I really believ one anti virus is enough but please dump avg and avast especialy they are not very effective norton maybe a resource hog and a pain but its very effective if you can put up with nortons BS i use nod32 and have done quite a bit of research before i got it and WOW very small download about 15mb and maybe 18 because of updates but no more viruses for me none at all and i have downloaded some very malicious stuff it was able to remove. i have used avg,avast,avira,panda,norton and macaffe and so far kapersky and nod32 are my favorite they al have highest consumer rating for detection rates and for how easy it is to use.
Nortons! Get rid of it. I had a new laptop and withing 3 days I had to wipe my pc because of Nortons destroyed my Internet and my system restore. I have Avg. its ok.
I have used AVG Anti Virus, Zone Alarm Firewall, Spy-bot Search and Destroy and Ad Aware both spyware killers for years. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans etc. AVG does not slow the system down as much as some other products and Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. They can all be downloaded from the following linkhttp://www.computeractive.co.uk/. On the home page select downloads and then the appropriate category.I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps
I've actually seen where if you have multiple antivirus programs on your system, it can break them all and actually create more holes in your system than if you didn't have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment